We are very sorry to inform you that Blaine wrote another LTE that sullied the good pages of the FNP. In a very pathetic attempt to be clever, he pretended to write a letter to Santa listing his gripes against the current City of Frederick administration! Glad to see he’s in the holiday spirit!
Here’s a few of our favorite exerts:
4. Please add blue safety light phones in some of those areas as the community college has done.5. Please get smokers to not throw their cigarette butts on the ground. It is out of control.6. Please sprinkle some economic magic dust on the Golden Mile and the old Frederick Towne Mall property.
8. Please make us a pet-friendly city with responsible pet owners like other cities. Pet owners spend huge amounts of money.
We can’t believe we have to talk about the blue safety lights again. Yes, they were really useful in 1992 when cell phones didn’t exist, but not so much today. Are we to believe that “Mr. Let’s Sell the Government Off” to private vendors is going to go all Big Brother and follow smokers around to see where they put their butts? What is his proposal to stop this? Perhaps he missed the news about the Old Frederick Towne Mall property being turned into a huge entertainment center, which isn’t surprising at all. It’s so much easier to complain than to actually pay attention or do any research. Finally, we Lady Yokels love our pets, but we don’t even want to know what he wants to do with our tax money so he can traipse all over town with these guys:
We have decided to make our own Dear Blaine Young letter in response.
- Just stop it!
- Be more careful about what you post on social media.
- We don’t need a politician in office that was found guilty of a sex crime. We ladies all know better than to excuse this behavior any longer.
- We also don’t need a mayor who doesn’t know how to hold his temper and cusses out a teenage ref at a basketball game.
- We also don’t need the stench of xenophobia, brought in by the very bad (and rightly repealed) English Language Ordinance which he brought forth while we was President of the Board of County Commissioners.
- Someone who tells a woman ,who was concerned about the increasing traffic due to prospective development, that she would be dead by the time it came about is someone who is not fit for public office.
- You know the Electoral College doesn’t exist in the city, right?
- We can’t let anyone in office who can’t even be bothered to come up with a professional graphic or a slogan that makes any kind of sense:
Let’s end with a repeat of number 1: